If you’ve found that Match.com isn’t a good match for you, you probably want to close down your account and move on. Unfortunately, you can’t simply delete your profile. You can shut it down, but it will always be on their servers in case you ever decide to come back.
This can be a problem for people who don’t like to leave large digital footprints behind them. Luckily, there a few things that you can do to ensure your privacy. By changing some of your details, you can essentially delete yourself from the site since the information will no longer be accurate.
The first thing that you want to do is delete all of your photos. As long as no one can see you, you can keep the information you leave as anonymous. After that, go through and change your location. With nothing to tie you to the profile, you won’t have to worry about a thing. After that, it’s time to cancel your paid subscription and hide the profile from the public. The directions below will guide you through the entire process and leave you with peace of mine.
How To Delete Your Match.com Dating Account
This will most definitely ensure that you’ll no longer be billed for a service that you’re no longer using.
- Log into your account as you normally would.
2. Check out the upper right hand corner of the screen and you’ll see a gear icon. Hover over it with your mouse.
3. Click on “settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Look for “Change, cancel membership.” Once you find it, click on it.
5. This is going to prompt you for your password. Simply enter it.
6. Now you’re going to see a blue button. It will say “Continue Cancellation”. Click on it.
7. Finally, click on “Cancel Membership and Hide Profile”. Click on it and that’s it. Your profile has now been changed and is hidden.
It can be difficult to keep your information private on the internet, especially when you use dating sites. Every so often, you’ll come across some that won’t let you fully delete your profile.
It’s always going to be good practice to totally change your information when it’s time to move on. The less information you leave about yourself, the better. The worst thing that could happen is a data breach years down the line after you’ve long forgotten about the site.
If this site didn’t work for you, there are plenty of other sites out there that can. No dating site can satisfy everyone, but you can always find one that suits your needs. No matter what you’re looking for, there is a place that can provide it for you. Once you find it, you’ll never have to deal with other sites again.
My guess is that you’ll find what you’re looking for right here. Plenty of them have been reviewed and all you have to do is read up on them. You’ll get all of the information that you need to make your decision and move forward. The more you know beforehand, the less time you’ll end up wasting in the long run.